Rose & Millet Pancakes

19:09

 
I’ve already mentioned, that I love pancakes. I’ve tried out hundreds of recipes, but I usually stick to my basic pancake batter recipe and experiment with different toppings and spices (check out my post about sugar free lemon & vanilla vegan pancakes). This time I came up with a completely different idea. I used ground millet instead of flour, added rose petals and decorated the pancakes with fresh figs and rose syrup. The final effect was spectacular. The dish looks like a really exclusive dessert, although it’s actually cheap and easy to make.
 

Ingredients

makes about 8 pancakes


  • 1 cup of millet(or ready millet flour)
  • ½ of flour of your choice (I used spelt flour)
  • 1 cup of almond milk (or any plant milk of your choice)
  • ¼ cup of maple syrup
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp of edible dried rose petals (you can also use them for decoration)*
  • 1 tbsp of rose syrup (and more for serving)*
  • Coconut oil for frying
  • Almond flakes and fresh figs for topping (optional)

*you can substitute the rose petals with cinnamon or orange zest and rose syrup with maple syrup or liquid honey

Start with preparing the millet flour: simply ground the grains using the coffee grinder. Place the millet flour in a bowl, add different type of flour and baking powder, mix well together. Add the liquids: almond milk, maple and rose syrup and vanilla extract, stir to combine. Finally, add the dried rose petals and cook until the surface of the pancake is covered with bubbles and bottom is golden, than flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve with rose syrup, almond flakes and fresh figs.


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Vegespot.pl - Przepisy wegetariańskie