Sugar free lemon & vanilla vegan pancakes

10:42




Sunday, for me, is the pancake day. I have no idea when this little tradition actually started, but for a few years we are eating pancakes for Sunday breakfast. When I went vegan, I had to adapt my favorite recipes for a vegan diet and I started experimenting. I’ve never been a  meat lover and I already knew thousand recipes for meatless dinners. The most problematic part for me was the vegan baking. 


Of course, on the internet you can find countless number of vegan egg and dairy alternatives and it’s often enough to simply replace the animal product with a vegan substitute. In my opinion, however, to achieve the best results, you have to develop a recipe from scratch, using only plant-based ingredients (not just substituting the animal products). Below I share with you my secret recipe for the best vegan pancakes. I tested it on  many ‘omnivores’ and they couldn't believe these were made without eggs and cow’s milk!


Sugar free lemon & vanilla vegan pancakes

 (makes about 12 pancakes)


  • 1 ½ cup of flour (any type will work)
  • ½ cup of oat bran
  • ½ cup of flax seeds (freshly ground)
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 ½ cup of plant milk of your choice (I used soy milk)
  • ¼ cup of maple syrup  
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 lemon, zest
  • Coconut oil for frying
  • Berries of your choice and maple syrup for serving

In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add the liquids and mix well until smooth. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add about 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Pour batter on to your pan (about ¼ cup batter for each pancake – you can use a ¼ cup measuring cup to be more precise) Cook until surface is covered with bubbles and bottom is golden, than flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries. 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Vegespot.pl - Przepisy wegetariańskie