Cocoa & orange whipped body butter

14:41


My life changed drastically when I discovered the zero waste lifestyle movement. Although at this point I’m not able to completely avoid the waste, I’ve managed to significantly reduce my needs and trash production. For example, I use way less beauty products now and I make many of them at home. It doesn’t however mean that my cosmetics are boring.  On the contrary – products which I make are non-toxic, affordable, aromatic and  effective. 

I come up with new ideas almost every day, but often I just take my inspiration from books and blogs. Especially when it comes to basics, I tend to relay on more experienced experimenters. This recipe comes from one of my favorite zero waste blogs Trash is for tossers. I highly recommend you to check it out! 

I adopted this recipe and below you will find the exact measurements. It’s the best body butter I’ve ever had. It smells like this good quality orange flavored dark chocolate. Besides it’s really moisturizing and absorbs well. It’s also vegan, non-toxic, natural and efficient. The ingredients may be rather hard to find in the regular shop, but you can easily purchase them online. When it comes to cosmetics, I sometimes prefer using refined coconut oil because it’s deodorized and thicker, but I’m sure the cold-press type will work as well. You can also experiment with essential oils (remember that the cocoa butter already adds a delicate chocolate aroma). The cocoa and orange combination seems, however, to be the perfect choice for winter time.  

If you’re still looking for a Christmas gift idea this recipe may be perfect for you!


Ingredients

makes about 1 cup


  • 40g (¼ cup) of cocoa butter
  • 40g (¼ cup) of coconut oil (refined)
  • 20g (1 tbsp.) of shea butter
  • 30ml (2 tbsp.) of sweet almod oil
  • 10 drops (½ tsp.) of vitamin e oil
  • 10-15 drops (about ½ tsp.) of sweet orange essential oil

Directions



  1. Place the ingredients (except for vitamin e oil and essential oil) in a bowl and melt them over a double boiler mixing from time to time (be careful not to overheat them because they may lose their valuable properties). 
  2.  Set aside and let the mixture cool down (it should become completely solid). You may have to put it into the fridge or just take it outside (in the winter time). It will take about an hour. 
  3. Take the mixture out of the fridge and whip it for about 5 minutes using a hand mixer. In the meantime add the vitamin e oil and essential oil and combine well together. 
  4. Put the ready body butter in a clean jar or container.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Vegespot.pl - Przepisy wegetariańskie