Simple autumn kale salad with honey-mustard dressing

13:25



 

I love greens. I really do. I’ve never had problems eating my salads, even when I was a child. I can hardly imagine my dinner or lunch without fresh vegetables. The problem is, that in our climate zone it’s really hard to find local and fresh leafy greens in the autumn and winter season. That’s why when it’s getting colder,  I tend towards cabbage, beetroots, carrots and pickles.
 Kale is different. This cool-season green can tolerate all autumn and winter frosts. What's more it’s one of the healthiest veggies around,  really reach in minerals and vitamins A and C. Actually it tastes even better with a touch of frost. This year I’ve managed to grow my first kale in the garden. Maybe it wasn’t the biggest and most beautiful kale plant ever, but it was my gardening debut and it tasted really good. I’ll definitely try again next year! 


My homegrown kale ended up as kale chips, but there are thousands other ways how you can prepare it. Below you can find a recipe for simple autumn kale salad. It’s tasty and really easy to make. 



Ingredients 


Salad

  • 1 bunch kale (about 5-6 handfuls)
  • 5 radishes
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 small onion 
  • ¼ cup of sunflower seeds (toasted)
  • 2 tbs. Of lemon juice
  • Salt 



Honey-mustard dressing: 



  • 2 tbs. Of olive oil
  • 1 tbs. Of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. Of honey 
  • 1 tsp. Of Dijon mustard 
  • Salt & pepper to taste 


 
Preparation:

1. Prepare your kale: remove stalks and cut it. Add it in a large bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and a pinch of salt, massage untli starts to soften (for about 5 minutes). Set aside.


2. Prepare the veggies: finely chop the onion, shred the radishes and the carrot, add to the greens.


3. Prepare the dressing: in a small jar add olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper, twist in, shake to combine.


4. Add the dressing and toasted sunflower seeds to the rest, mix all together.


5. Enjoy your meal! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Vegespot.pl - Przepisy wegetariańskie