Seasonal porridge bowl with plum compote

17:01





It’s a good moment to start from scratch. I have started a new chapter of my life and I have completely changed my eating habits.
My food philosophy is really simple now: I try to avoid product of animal origin and processed foods. What’s more, I try to buy local and seasonal products if possible. In general I try to put quality over quantity and simplyfy my everyday cooking. It’s not easy though. That’s why I’m abusing the phrase „I try”. However, I don’t strive for perfection. Nobody’s perfect. I just try to be a better person everyday. 

At the beginning I decided to share this recipe for autumn porridge bowl. It’s a quintessence of my new food attitude: it’s plant-based and contains only unprocessed, seasonal products. I’m a huge fan of cold overnight oats, but this warm alternative is just perfect for the cold autumn morning. Enjoy! 



Seasonal porridge bowl with plum compote


1 cup rolled oats

¾ cup water 

1 apple

5 plums 

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)

Handfull of soaked almonds for topping (optional)

 
Place the oats and water in a pan and put it on a medium heat. Cook for a few minuts (until the water has been absorbed by the oats). Add shredded apple (it’s not necessary to peel it), cinnamon and honey. Mix well together. 



In the meantime prepare the plum compote: wash your plums, pit them and simmer for 5-minutes. 



Serve in a bowl topped with almonds and plum compote. 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.
Vegespot.pl - Przepisy wegetariańskie